The hip is the most robust joint in our body and carries the majority of weight. It is more likely to get damaged by Arthritis because it bears extra pressure. The aim of hip replacement surgery is to enhance the quality, reduce the pain, and improve mobility.
Hip replacement surgery is also known as total hip replacement surgery or total hip surgery. In this operation, the damaged part of the hip is replaced by an artificial joint (prosthesis). This artificial joint is generally made of heavy materials such as metal, ceramic, or very hard plastic.
Sometimes hip replacement surgery is the only option left to cure the pain and stiffness, and patients have to go for this as it helps relieve pain and improves the function of the hip joint.
Here Are the Three Common Types of Hip Surgery:
- Total Hip Replacement
- Partial Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
Who Needs Hip Replacement Surgery:
Are you planning Hip Replacement Surgery? Well, I know it is a tough decision, and it should be taken into consideration carefully. Hip replacement surgery can be a life-changing solution to cure your hip pain, but it is important to know if you really need it or not. Maybe you don’t need it and are overthinking about it, or maybe you need it but don’t even know about it.
I would suggest visiting an orthopedic doctor who will be able to diagnose your problem and tell you if you need surgery or some other treatment to cure the pain you might be feeling. Search for a nearby orthopedic surgeon. Suppose you live in Delhi you can simply search on Google for the best hip replacement surgeon in Delhi.
You will get a list of orthopedic doctors nearby you can choose accordingly. If you just want to know under what circumstances people generally need hip replacement surgery, what are the signs? You will definitely know through this blog article.
Here Are Ten Signs That Indicate You May Need to See A Hip Surgeon:
- Chronic Hip Pain: The first and most obvious reason to get hip surgery done is chronic pain. Continued hip pain that lasts for more than a few weeks, especially if it doesn’t improve with rest, pain medications, or conservative treatments, should be evaluated by a hip surgeon. If your hip pain is impacting your daily life or giving you sleepless nights, you need hip replacement surgery.
- Acute Hip Stiffness: Stiffness is the major sign that you need hip replacement surgery. If you feel stiffness while performing simple tasks like walking, bending, or lifting your leg you need an orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible. It is normal if you get injured and feel hip stiffness but chronic hip stiffness needs immediate medical attention.
- Unable to Complete Routine Tasks: Daily tasks such as walking, standing, sitting, bending, or climbing stairs become difficult and painful. If you notice a significant decrease in your hip joint’s range of motion, making it difficult to perform everyday activities consult a hip specialist.
Do I Need a Hip Replacement? Here Are 8 Signs it’s Time
- Conservative Treatments Do Not Work: Many patients who suffer from pain in the joint do not go for hip replacement surgery immediately. Your doctor might try to give you conservative treatments initially, such as physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medication, steroid injections, or acupuncture. If conservative treatments have not provided relief for your hip pain, it’s time to consider more specialized care from a hip surgeon.
- Difficulty Walking or Limping: When you feel hip pain your upper body unconsciously shifts towards the affected side to reduce the force put on your hip. This turns into a limp willingly. A noticeable limp or difficulty walking can be indicative of hip issues. It may be a sign that the hip joint is not functioning correctly or that there is an underlying problem.
- The one-leg test: There is a quick and easy way that you can do it at home, which is the one-leg test. This can give you an idea of whether it is serious or not. Try to stand on one leg for 1 minute.
Common Signs You Need a Hip Replacement
If you are not able to stand on one leg for more than 1 minute, even if you are taking support from objects near you like a wall, door, or table, then you might have some problems in your hip joint. In this case, you should immediately visit a nearby orthopedic surgeon.
- Pain in the Groin: Pain in your groin area is generally caused by a problem within the hip joint or the structures around the joint. Groin pain may indicate a musculoskeletal issue on the front side of your hip, such as muscle damage or arthritis.
This pain can happen when you are busy or resting, both during the day and at night. It does not let you walk to the places that you usually do. Pain in the groin area can be a symptom of various hip conditions, including hip impingement or labral tears.
- Hip Clicking or Popping: Unusual sounds like clicking, popping, or grinding in the hip joint can be a sign of a problem, such as a labral tear or osteoarthritis.
- Previous Hip Injury: If you have a history of hip injuries, fractures, or surgeries, and you’re experiencing renewed or worsening symptoms, it’s wise to consult with a hip surgeon for a comprehensive assessment.
- Hip Joint Instability: If you frequently experience feelings of instability in your hip joint, such as it giving way or feeling loose, it’s important to get an evaluation from a specialist.
These are signs that tell you whether you need hip replacement surgery or not. I hope you now have clarity on what is needed and the steps you need to follow to cure hip pain. If you have realized that you are having one or many of the problems mentioned above in this article, you should meet with an orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible.
As per my research, the cost of hip replacement surgery in Delhi is lower in comparison to other states. If you are not able to find thebest orthopedic surgeonin your city, you can come to Delhi for the best treatment for hip replacement surgery. There are several hospitals and clinics available.